Nov. 10 - WC / Chapter's Cup
Weekend events and competitions
The Last Opportunity In Qualification tournament is played on Friday, Nov. 9th. Medios who have played in 3 regular season events are eligible to play in this tournament. The top half of the field and ties will make the cut and move on to the MGAWC the next day. The bottom half of the field will still play Saturday, but it will be low pressure round of recreational golf as you watch the qualifiers sweat it out around you.
Contested during the WC, the Chapter's Cup is a competition that involves any chapter that has three or more players qualified for the WC. The three best scores from each chapters representatives will be totaled after the round and the lowest score (plus any penalty strokes of course) will win the Chapter's Cup. SanFranciscoMGA currently holds the Chapters Cup and will look to defend its dominant victory from last year over SeattleMGA.
The Medio Cup is a Ryder cup style competition contested on Friday. It's San Francisco vs. The World in the 22 man competition. The teams are the top 10 players present from each region (10 from SF and 10 from all other chapters). Then we add a wildcard pick to each team by the team captain and let the action begin. Last year the World XI took down the San Francisco XI by the smallest of margins. Many of that proud World team will be back this year, but the SF chapter is looking stronger than ever.
KINDA LONG DRIVE CONTEST
If you won a long drive challenge at an MGA tournament this season, you are eligible to enter this event. It will show up as an option on your entry form and you can choose whether you'd like to enter or not. It does not cost extra when you sign up, though we might have everyone throw $5 in a jar before hitting to make things interesting.
SORTA CLOSEST TO THE PIN CONTEST
If you won a closest to the pin challenge at an MGA tournament this season, you are eligible to enter this event. It will show up as an option on your entry form and you can choose whether you'd like to enter or not. It does not cost extra when you sign up, though we might have everyone throw $5 in a jar before hitting to make things interesting.
MEET AND GREET
Held at the course Friday night after the LOIQ and Medio Cup, this party is a great chance for the chapters to mingle and develop rivalries. We will provide food and beer as we announce who made it through the LOIQ, who won the Medio Cup and honor champions from the MGA regular season.
HOLE IN 2 CHALLENGE
This is the MGA and none of us are going to get a hole-in-one. We're also betting none of you are going to get a hole-in-two on the signature par 3 at The Legacy. We're so confident in your lack of ability, that we're willing to offer a free 2013 Top Medio membership to anyone who gets a two on hole #10!
2009-Benoit-86. 2010-James-85. 2011-Armstrong-84. A disturbing trend no doubt. All three World Champions so far have come from the San Francisco chapter and each has shot one stroke better than the last. But this year the competition will be fiercer than ever. With 31 chapters, the MGA has grown into a truly international force and the winds of change have begun to blow. Where will this years World Champion come from? No one knows. But what we know for sure, is it can't be you if you don't show up. Take your shot at glory, it's your destiny and it may be your last chance. You know, if there's a giant asteroid or a pandemic or something.
- Every tournament winner from the regular season and the top 3 finishers on each chapter’s money list are qualified for the World Championship on Saturday, Nov. 10.
- Any MGA member who hasn't won, but played in 3 or more regular season events is eligible for the LOIQ (Last Opportunity In Qualification) The top half of the LOIQ field will earn a spot in the WC the next day.
- Everyone who registers for the event will have a spot Friday and Saturday, no matter their qualification status.
- Past World Champions and Global Money Champions have five year exempt status in the MGAWC.
- We booked the entire course, which allows us to fill it with 144 people. THE FIRST 144 PEOPLE TO REGISTER AND PAY THEIR DEPOSITS GET THE SPOTS.
- The packages we put together include your room, two days of golf, lunch and dinner both days, beer, transportation, a gift bag, awards and a hell of a lot of fun.
- Sign up and pay as soon as you can! It makes it WAY easier for us to plan everything and guarantees your spot.
- Two rounds and three crazy nights not enough? We put together another package that gets you five nights and more golf on Wednesday and Thursday on the two great courses at Angel Park!